Saturday 6/16/12 “FREE” WOD (14 Days to open)

Hope you can join us for our free weekend workout. This will be held in the parking lot and field behind our location. Click here for a map. Can’t wait to see everyone out.

Warm Up:
3 Rounds:
15 sec. High Knees
15 sec. Wrist Slaps
10 arm circles forward
10 arm circles backward
15 bear hugs

Pre-WOD Mobility:
Couch Stretch 60 seconds each leg
Start at about 2:20 in this video for a Couch Stretch Demo courtesy of Kelly Starret, Mobility WOD

WOD:
21-15-9
Wall Balls 20#/14#
Kettlebell Sumo Dead Lift High Pull 55#/35#
100′ Weighted Walking Lunges 45#/25#

Core:
4 by 20 Hollow Body Holds

Post-WOD Mobility:
Be nice to your shoulders – give them a good stretch! That way your shoulders will continue to be nice to you!

Arm across chest

Arm behind back

Today’s WOD on Beyond the Whiteboard

Click “leave a reply” to post your results to the comment section.

Advertisements

One thought on “Saturday 6/16/12 “FREE” WOD (14 Days to open)

1. Adam
    June 15, 2012 at 2:16 pm

nice butt cheeks in the stretch graphic!!!

• Coach Catherine
      June 15, 2012 at 5:55 pm

I thought the same thing! Doesn’t that make you want to stretch your shoulders just like that guy though??

• Adam
        June 15, 2012 at 6:05 pm

I think the message is that if you stretch like that you get those sculpted glutes!!!!

2. Coach Chris
    June 16, 2012 at 12:58 pm

10:00 rx (KB at 75#)

Tried snatching after, before would have been better.
    155 x 5 / 175 x 3 then took off weight to work on technique

3. Adam
    June 16, 2012 at 4:31 pm

GREAT WOD!!!
    M/31/169#
    12:52 (? I think 52) Rx’d

I learn so much each time I come workout with you all. It’s been amazing so far. So glad you have created such a wonderful environment for exercise! My friend, Heidi, has emailed you about membership!

4. June 16, 2012 at 6:23 pm

13:20 Rx’d
    (Since I don’t have aany medicine balls at work for Wall balls I did 95 lbs thrusters and 95 lb Sumo Deadlift high pulls instead of Kettle bells. My lower back was screaming at me during this one so I had to stop in between rnds for a little bit to let it stop hurting.)

Core: I did 100 GHD sit-ups instead.

• Coach Gary
      June 16, 2012 at 7:06 pm

You sub’d 20# wall balls with 95# thrusters and 55# KB SDHP with 95#?? That is beasting up!! Crazy.

• June 16, 2012 at 11:45 pm

I figured since 95 lb Thrusters is what you use for Fran and 95 lbs SDHP is what you use in FGB it would be easy. It wasn’t or i am out of strength…lol

• Coach Catherine
        June 17, 2012 at 10:03 am

FGB is 75# SDHP for men Nate! You definitely beasted up!!

• June 17, 2012 at 10:19 am

Damn No wonder why I am so freaking sore today and it hurts to move…lol

5. Coach Gary
    June 16, 2012 at 7:14 pm

8:20 rx’d- not sure if there was something wrong with the stopwatch app. I never beat Chris by this margin. The only thing I can think of is that i did this in my garage and only had the 55# kb and it was right next to my wall ball station so there was no transition time.

6. Coach Catherine